Crave’s Favorite Tool for Gluten Free Decorating
The last phase of your gluten free baking is decorating. You have measured, mixed and baked so let’s talk about our favorite gluten-free decorating tools! The following suggestions are our favorite tools, brands and sizes to make your gluten free baking experience easier. These tools work well for recipes in our cookbook!
- 9” Metal Spatula – This is a nice sized spatula for frosting an 8 ” – 10 ” cake. But it’s still small enough that you can easily handle it for smearing frosting on cupcakes.
- 14″ Pastry Bag – 14” is a manageable bag size for decorating. It’s large enough to hold frosting or filling for a larger cake. But small enough that it’s still easy to handle.
- Couplers – Couplers are used to attach tips to pastry bags. These are standard sizes and the well known Ateco brand.
- Tip Set – Contains two plain tubes, one star, one French star, one closed star and one basket weave tube. Three of the tips are larger and don’t need couplers at all. These give you lots of visual options for piping and frosting cupcakes.
- Full Decorating Set: Includes six tips, decorating triangle, spatula, two couplers, decorating bags, icing colors and instruction booklet. The icing colors are gluten-free. This is a great set for beginners.
- Bismarck Metal Tip – These are used for filling pastries, cupcakes and eclairs. Don’t you love that cream filled center?! Check out our Gluten-Free Cherub DreamCups to get this look.
Visit us on our website for more Crave info.