Denise Landis has been a recipe tester over 20 years for The New York Times. Because of her love for food and recipe testing, Denise started her own magazine out this month called The Cook’s Cook. You can download a copy of this first issue for free! Denise asked us to share our favorite recipes from Crave Bakery: Gluten Free Cookbook. We shared our recipes for the Mama Z’s Chocolate Cake and our Chocolate Glaze, both gluten-free and dairy-free. Download your copy today for lots of recipes and tips for food lovers, writers and recipe testers.
Our new PRINT cookbook has just been published – Crave Bakery Gluten Free Cookbook: Over 60 Gluten and Dairy Free Recipes from San Francisco’s First Gluten Free Bakery. To celebrate the arrival of our new cookbook, we have teamed up with Spectrum® brand and Dream™ brand to give away a gluten-free baking prize package.
We are going to pick ONE winner who will receive a print copy of Crave Bakery Gluten-Free Cookbook AND One Spectrum® Palm Shortening, One Spectrum® High Heat Canola Spray, One Rice Dream® Original, One Rice Dream® Enriched- all of which we recommend in our book. We have used Rice Dream™ brand and Spectrum® brand products in our own bakery and can attest to their high quality results in recipes and focus on gluten-free and dairy-free. This ingredient prize pack will allow you to make many recipes from our cookbook. You get all five items listed below if you win- shipped directly to you!
- One Crave Bakery Gluten Free Cookbook (now in print!)
- One Spectrum® Palm Shortening
- One Spectrum® High Heat Canola Spray
- One Rice Dream® Original
- One Rice Dream® Enriched
Enter by midnight November 17, 2013. Winners will be announced on or about November 18, 2013. To enter, follow these three easy steps:
1) Click on the link below to sign up for our newsletter. Sharing your email will allow Crave to contact you if you win:
2) Follow us on at least one of our social media channels:
3) Leave a comment on this blog post OR post on our Facebook page telling us what you did in Step 2.*
One winner will be selected at random and announced via our Blog, Facebook and Twitter, on or about November 18, 2013.
*If you are already a Crave Bakery fan and signed up for our newsletter, you may still enter the contest by leaving a comment on this blog post or Facebook page stating so.
To read the full list of Official Sweepstakes Rules, please click here.
The Crave Bakery, Spectrum® and Dream™ Gluten-Free SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES (“OFFICIAL RULES”) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where restricted or prohibited by law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Crave Bakery, Spectrum® and Dream™ Gluten-Free Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to individuals 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Crave Bakery, LLC, (“Sponsor”), and The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (collectively, “Sweepstakes Participants”) and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, dealers, distributors, retailers, advertising agencies, production agencies, electronic media firms, and their immediate family members and those living in the same household are not eligible to win.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins at 10:00:00 AM (ET) on November 11, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on November 17, 2013. To enter, entrants must 1) sign up for Crave’s newsletter at http://ow.ly/pGNjC 2) Follow or like Crave on at least one social media channel : Crave Bakery on Facebook, Crave Bakery on Twitter or Crave Bakery on Pinterest and 3) Make a comment stating what you did on the Sweepstakes blog post: (http://cravebakery.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/win-our-print-cookbook-spectrum-and-dream-ingredients) or post to Crave Bakery’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/cravebakery ) stating what you did.If entrants are already a Crave Bakery fan and already signed up for Crave Bakery’s newsletter, they may still enter the Sweepstakes by leaving a comment on the sweepstakes blog post or Facebook page stating so . Entrants agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including eligibility requirements. Limit one entry per person. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail account will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is the natural person in whose name the e-mail address has been issued. A selected winner may be asked to provide Sponsor with proof that the selected winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Use of automated devices not valid for entry. Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor may at its sole discretion disqualify anyone who violates the rules or undermines the integrity of the Sweepstakes by disabling cookies, using any form of automatic entering, or any other form of manipulation.
3. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: One Crave Bakery Gluten Free Cookbook (print), One Spectrum® Palm Shortening, One Spectrum® High Heat Canola Spray, One Rice Dream® Original, One Rice Dream® Enriched. (Approximate Retail Value: $45.00) Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Prize will be awarded. No more than one grand prize will be awarded. Prize will be shipped within one month after the prize has been claimed. Winner must claim prize within 48 hours or the prize will be forfeited.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: Winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about November 18, 2013 from all eligible entries received. A randomly selected winner will be notified by the email address they provided in the newsletter sign-up and the prize will automatically be shipped to the address entered in the Sweepstakes entry form. Prize cannot be shipped to P.O. box addresses. Any prize returned as undeliverable will be awarded to an alternate.
5. GENERAL RULES: By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority may use winner’s name, picture/portrait, likeness, and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in perpetuity without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. Prize is non-transferable and no substitutions or cash redemptions will be made. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. Any and all taxes are the winners’ sole responsibility. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an entry in the Sweepstakes, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall be permitted to use your entry data for marketing purposes consistent with their privacy policies and applicable law. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTING ANY PRIZE, ENTRANTS AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, SWEEPSTAKES PARTICIPANTS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FOR ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR ACTIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THAT MAY ARISE IN ANY WAY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any errors in these Official Rules or otherwise in any materials available at http://cravebakery.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/crave-spectrum-and-dream-contest-rules. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and award prize from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation or termination. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Participants are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, postage-due or damaged entries or Internet technical, hardware, software, telephone or transmission failures of any kind, which limit a person’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Participants assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Participants are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any class action. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, regardless of conflicts of laws principles. Any action or litigation concerning this Sweepstakes shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Durham County, North Carolina, and each winner expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Each winner agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of North Carolina. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS, AND/OR AWARDS OF ANY ENTRANT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING INTO THIS SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
6. WINNERS: For the winner’s name (available after November 18, 2013) send a self addressed, stamped envelope to: Crave Bakery, LLC, P.O. Box 1560, Durham, North Carolina 27702-1560. For a copy of the Official Rules, visit http://cravebakery.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/crave-spectrum-and-dream-contest-rules. VT residents may omit return postage.
7. SPONSOR: Crave Bakery, LLC, P.O. Box 1560, Durham, North Carolina 27702-1560
First came our iPad cookbook, then Kindle. And because so many of you asked for it, we decided it was time to offer a print version for those who prefer to hold a physical book in their rice flour covered hands! The same recipes are available in the print book as the e-books with the addition of a handy index. Lots of photos accompany the recipes so you can see the end results.
Praise for Crave Bakery’s Cookbook
We’ve gotten so many lovely reviews since the release of our initial e-book in May. The following are some compliments we’ve receive for our recipes and book:
“I loved the way Cameo organized her cookbook and recipes; it makes it super easy for readers to follow. The (Pink Velvet) cupcakes and the frosting turned out perfect, very moist and tasty.”
“The Crave cookbook is a must have for anyone who suffers or cares for someone with food allergies or gluten intolerance. The recipes are perfect for holidays, celebrations, rainy weekends, or just because. Broken down into chapters, (Cameo’s) baked goods recipes are neatly organized by levels of experience, and the pictures are scrumptious. Excluded allergens are listed clearly atop each recipe. She also adds thoughtful tips throughout the book (as well in the beginning) to help you with your baking and organization.”
“With this book, it’s a snap to whip up batch after yummy batch of gluten- and dairy-free cakes, cupcakes, frostings, fillings, brownies, cookies, tarts and muffins!”
Beyond recipes, this book also includes helpful information such as:
- Wheat Flour Substitute Recipe
– Recipes organized by difficulty
– Clear allergen statements for each recipe
– Recommended Gluten Free Ingredients
– Gluten Free Baking Tips
– Decorating Tips
Printed in the USA. Get it here!
Daily tips for your gluten free baking adventure!
For more info about Crave, visit our website.